Areas of Law / General Legal Advice

I am making a movie later on this year but I need to film outside in the street. I need to film around old derelict buildings, on public property only. No one will be trespassing in the building, just around the buildings. I am not sure on the legal situation here.

Any filming on public property would require permission in advance from the appropriate local authority or relevant Council as they have overall responsibility for public land and buildings including roads and streets. Contact should also be made with the local police force and highways department of the relevant local authority to ensure that the filming is safe and if any measures need to be implemented for the safety of pedestrians or road users. If you enter the postcode for the street using this link it will confirm the appropriate local authority and can provide you with a link to the local authority’s contact information page.

What our clients say about our lawyers

Thanks for supporting me with advice on this matter. I will definitely recommend you to others who may require your expertise.

Satisfied Client

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms