Areas of Law / Property

I live with my partner and work for him as well. I have two small children, while his two daughters have left home. I have a 20 per cent share in our house. My partner has made a will leaving his daughters his share of the house. Could they force me out if my partner died?

If you have lived with your partner for two years or more you will have a claim on his estate even if his will leaves everything to his children. Since you appear to be financially dependent on your partner this claim could be significant. You also have rights as a part-owner of the property, and if the daughters wanted you out it may have to go to court. Discuss this with your partner, and jointly with a solicitor.

What our clients say about our lawyers

Very useful and professional advice, thank you.

Another Happy Customer

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms