Areas of Law / General Legal Advice

I live on a cul-de-sac where one particular boy uses the road and everyone’s garden to play football on, breaking plants and scratching cars. Do I just have to sit by and watch my car and garden being damaged?

You and your neighbours should obviously speak to the child and his parents. Whether there’’s anything you can do about the child from a legal point of view will depend on his age. It’’s possible to make a complaint to the police or local authority under the Crime and Disorder Act where children are aged 10 or over, which could lead to an Anti-Social Behaviour Order. An injunction might also be possible, but it’’s unlikely that such drastic measures would be appropriate in this case.

What our clients say about our lawyers

The advice provided was excellent and helped me in making key decisions.

A Satisfied Client

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms