Areas of Law / Property

I would like to buy my freehold. Is there a way that I can find out who holds the deeds for my house?

You can contact the Land Registry to find out who the registered freeholder is, and if necessary obtain a copy of the freehold title register which should list the owners’ names and addresses and provide information about the length of the lease, covenants etc. The freeholders should have kept this information up to date. If for some reason they haven’t you could make an application to the Leasehold Valuation Tribunal but unless your lease contains some particularly restrictive stipulations or is coming to an end, I would suggest this may not be worth your time and trouble. Your landlord can only seek to recover unpaid ground rent going back six years.

What our clients say about our lawyers

I was very happy with everything about the service I received. Thank you.

A Happy Customer

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms