Areas of Law / General Legal Advice

I left my car outside a shop and when I returned one of the wing mirrors was smashed. The driver of the lorry responsible left his name, address and telephone number in the shop saying he would “sort it out”, but although I’’ve ‘phoned him many times he still hasn’’t paid the £250 it cost to repair the mirror.

You have to give the lorry driver credit for his honesty, even if he is dragging his feet over payment. You are obliged to report any accident to your insurers, and if you have the vehicle’s details they can pursue a claim against the driver’s firm. If they are successful it shouldn’’t affect your no claims bonus. Your other option is to suggest to the driver that regrettably you will have to start proceedings in the small claims court if you have not received payment within 14 days.

What our clients say about our lawyers

Thanks for supporting me with advice on this matter. I will definitely recommend you to others who may require your expertise.

Satisfied Client

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms