Areas of Law / Medical Negligence

I have been on a course of medication for more than 20 years. However I collapsed three times within the space of six months, and when my GP retired a new doctor immediately halved the dose. The practice hasn’t come up with satisfactory answers and I am still ill. Is it possible to take this further?

If you want an investigation and an explanation then you should contact NHS England (0300 3112233) which commissions GPs who provide primary health services. They will appoint a case officer to investigate your complaint, but you will probably have to give them your permission to contact your surgery. If on the other hand you feel you have suffered lasting damage as a result of mistreatment you should see a solicitor to see if you might be due compensation.

What our clients say about our lawyers

Very useful and professional advice, thank you.

Another Happy Customer

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms