Areas of Law / Property

I bought a property but I’ve now discovered that the size of the plot is actually smaller than stated by the developers. Can I insist that the boundaries are changed to correspond to the original measurements?

If you’re buying a house on a new estate that’s still under construction you may be able to come to an arrangement with the developers to give you what was advertised. If the boundaries are already in place and you have neighbours you won’t be able to encroach on their land. The contract you signed will normally say that the builder is not responsible for “minor” inaccuracies. In most cases when you buy a property it’s up to you and your solicitor to check that what you think you are buying corresponds with the title deeds.

What our clients say about our lawyers

Very useful and professional advice, thank you.

Another Happy Customer

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms