Areas of Law / Consumer Law

I bought a £600 widescreen TV on finance. They couldn’t get it tuned in properly, and after they’d made several attempts they agreed to take it back. I informed the finance company, which closed my account, but the shop says it won’t reimburse me until they’ve picked the TV up. To date they haven’t done so. Can I charge them for storage?

Speak to the manager and arrange a time for the TV to be collected. If they fail to pick it up I suggest you write letting them know that you intend making a claim against them in the County Court unless you are reimbursed within, say, ten days. I don’t think you’ll get away with a storage fee, but you can charge them interest on your money from the date you take out a claim. It might be easier to take it back yourself!

What our clients say about our lawyers

I was very happy with everything about the service I received. Thank you.

A Happy Customer

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms