Areas of Law / Consumer Law

I booked a holiday through an internet company, paying £900. However when we arrived there was no record of us and we ended up miles from the resort centre. On our return the holiday firm offered to refund the £260 we had to pay for the apartment, but no more. Should I take them to the small claims court?

You are obviously entitled to more, but on balance I would take the £260. If the firm is the subject of numerous complaints it could go bust at any moment, so you would probably receive nothing even if you won your case. Be careful who you give your money to. If a travel firm isn’t a member of a trade organisation such as ABTA or AITO you’re taking something of a risk.

What our clients say about our lawyers

Very useful and professional advice, thank you.

Another Happy Customer

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms