Areas of Law / Wills and Probate

I am a widow with no children. I have made a will making my great nephew and his wife my executors. My money is divided between several members of my family. After my property – a small flat worth about £100,000 – has been sold, is there any formal action to take before the instructions in my will are carried out?

Your great nephew and his wife in their roles as executors will have to apply for probate, which will give them authority to sell your flat and wind up your affairs generally. They will also be responsible for paying any inheritance tax due, although if your assets are under a certain amount this won’t apply. Once your assets have been liquidated they will be in a position to distribute your money according to your will.

What our clients say about our lawyers

I was very happy with everything about the service I received. Thank you.

A Happy Customer

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms