Areas of Law / Divorce and Family

I’’ve been in a relationship for several years with a man who’’s an alcoholic. He has attacked me on several occasions: can I tell him to leave if he attacks me again? I don’’t want to involve the police.

You don’’t have to wait for him to attack you again. See a solicitor straight away for advice on applying to the county court for an injunction order. In urgent cases the court may grant an order for personal protection without notifying the violent partner, although an order keeping him away from you and your house is usually only granted after giving him notice. The court can attach a power of arrest in appropriate cases. I think it would be sensible to inform the police, but you should discuss this with your solicitor.

What our clients say about our lawyers

The advice provided was excellent and helped me in making key decisions.

A Satisfied Client

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms