Areas of Law / Property

We have a holiday home, and when we last went there we were shocked to see that our neighbour had inserted two central heating flues through the boundary wall so that they now stick out into our driveway. Are we entitled to remove these ourselves, or can we compel him to move them?

They certainly shouldn’t be there, and in legal terms constitute a “trespass” on to your land. I don’t recommend you tamper with the boiler flues yourself because you could end up gassing your neighbours, but you should ask them to have the flues removed and, if it’s your wall, to repair the damage. Follow up with a solicitor’s letter if necessary.

What our clients say about our lawyers

Very useful and professional advice, thank you.

Another Happy Customer

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms