Areas of Law / General Legal Advice

Four years ago I lent my daughter and her husband several thousand pounds to be repaid in monthly instalments. After three months they split up and no further money has been paid. I am a widow and a pensioner, and I do need the money back.

The question is: does either of them have any money to pay you? If they don’’t you may have to put it down to experience. If they do, a solicitor’s letter may prompt action but if that doesn’’t work you may have to sue them for the money in the small claims court, producing evidence of the loan and of the repayments to date. There is no reason why you cannot claim the whole of the amount back from your ex son-in-law.

What our clients say about our lawyers

Very useful and professional advice, thank you.

Another Happy Customer

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms