Areas of Law / Property

Five years ago my wife and I transferred our property to our daughter and son. We now feel we would like to sell up and move, but our home is our only source of capital to enable us to do this. Can we now sell the property, and how would we go about it?

If you’ve given your property to your daughter and son it now belongs to them, so you will either have to ask them to transfer it back into your names or ask them to sell the house and buy you a new one still in their names. However well you get on with your children, giving them your property is always a complicated decision which can also involve tax and inheritance problems, and which should be considered carefully and with professional advice.

What our clients say about our lawyers

I was very happy with everything about the service I received. Thank you.

A Happy Customer

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms