Areas of Law / Child Law

My ex-girlfriend has sent me a letter telling me that I’m probably not the father of her child. However the Child Maintenance Service is insisting that I should pay for the blood test if it turns out the child is mine, even though it was my girlfriend’s infidelity that’s called the child’s parentage into question. Is there anything I can do about this?

If you are prepared to accept the child as your own, and take on the financial responsibility, a blood test will not be necessary. But if you are not prepared to do this without proof of paternity you should submit to a blood test. If paternity is proved you will be responsible for the cost of the test; if not there’s no charge. 

What our clients say about our lawyers

Very useful and professional advice, thank you.

Another Happy Customer

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms