Areas of Law / Public Law

The deeds of my property show that my neighbours have a right of way over our footpath on foot only. However their children were using it for skateboarding and roller blades, and we called the police, who asked the neighbours not to skate on the path. Now the children are kicking footballs into our garden to annoy us. Does this come under harassment and anti-social behaviour?

It’s not the job of the police to enforce covenants in title deeds, so I presume they intervened solely in order to keep the peace. In that case you could call them again; the police do have powers to deal with anti-social behaviour from children, but they’ve only been used to date for much more serious offences than kicking footballs, however irritating this may be. I feel that if you can ignore the children they will eventually go away.

What our clients say about our lawyers

I was very happy with everything about the service I received. Thank you.

A Happy Customer

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms