Areas of Law / Personal Injury

My car was written off in an accident which wasn’t my fault. My insurers paid out, but the £350 excess charge was deducted from the amount I received. Am I entitled to reclaim this amount, and if so, who from?

As long as the other driver was insured you should recover your £350 from his insurers. If they refuse to pay you can take both the driver and his insurers to the small claims court. When you recover your excess, inform your insurers so they can reinstate your no claims bonus, which will probably also have taken a knock.

What our clients say about our lawyers

Thanks for supporting me with advice on this matter. I will definitely recommend you to others who may require your expertise.

Satisfied Client

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms