Areas of Law / Debt matter

A year ago a court ordered a builder to pay me more than £2000. I was told there was little chance of obtaining the money because the builder had moved away. However I have seen him recently and wondered if I could pursue the case without incurring more legal costs.

There are a number of things you can do. If you can find out where the builder is now living you could ask for a search to be carried out at the Land Registry to see if he owns the house. If so you can apply for a charging order on it. This is not an expensive procedure, and it’s often an effective way of getting people to pay up. There are other ways of recovering money, but your solicitor will advise which, if any, is the one for you.

What our clients say about our lawyers

I was very happy with everything about the service I received. Thank you.

A Happy Customer

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms